YunoJuno is a Django web app. We rely on the great python and django open-source community, and according to (our own) django-package-monitor we have almost 100 external dependencies. We try and contribute back to the community (fixing bugs, adding features), and we have published a number of our own projects - which are available through our Github account. We blog about our experiences on our Tech blog.
The development team works on a multiplicity of platforms, from MacBooks (Airs and Pros) to old Dell desktops and everything in between.
As a result of being distributed, we rely on a lot of great hosted tools to keep the engine running.
YunoJuno would like to thank the following:
- Jira - our project management tool
- Productboard - our product management & ideation
- Trello - like bionic, digital, Post-It notes
- Basecamp - dates, discussions, project type stuff
- InVision - share and annotate designs
- Google Docs - sometimes you have to write a doc or two
- Slack - Instant messaging & more, our virtual office
- Intercom - live Chat, and custom support
- Base CRM - CRM and contact management
- Segment - management of analytics and tracking
- Google Analytics - web analytics
- Heap - event-based analytics
- DNSimple - DNS management
- GitHub - for code hosting
- Glitch - for hosting some automation flows
- Periscope - dashboards and data
- Fivetran - for data syncing
The site is hosted on Heroku, and uses the following addons and other services:
- Heroku Postgresql - 'database-as-a-service'
- Coralogix - logging
- Heroku Redis - queueing & async
- Memcachier - caching
- Sqreen - app security/intrusion monitoring
- Mandrill - email
- Bonsai - for Elastic Search
- NewRelic - app metrics/response time monitoring
- Codeship - continuous delivery
- Sentry - error monitoring
- Code Climate - code coverage & linting